Steve Gross ’90 and his family

Steve Gross ’90 was recently named the new pastor of Sardinia Baptist Church in Westport, Indiana.

Gross lives in Columbus, Indiana, with his wife and children, including recent Wabash graduate, Caleb ’23. He has been working part-time as the communications director for Mission Resource, a microfinance ministry with operations in Ghana, West Africa.

A graduate of Wabash College and Asbury Theological Seminary, Gross served previously as both a youth pastor and a high school English teacher, Greensburg Daily News reported. Gross and his family also lived and worked as missionaries for seven years in Cap-Haitien, Haiti, returning to Columbus in 2020.

“As I have matured in my faith and life experience, I have found an ever-growing desire to serve Christ and a healthy confidence in discerning God’s leading,” Pastor Gross said. “I believe the Lord has brought me and the church together for His purposes and I look forward to discovering more about His plans in the days to come!

“Sardinia Baptist is a warm and vibrant congregation,” he said, “earnest in seeking God’s will and I am blessed to be a part of what the Lord is doing in and through this church.”