The 492 Tactical Fighter Squadron "Bolars"

The Grunge is just back from a reunion – I had an unbelievable time.  And I almost didn’t go…

My Alma Mater – The Air Force Fighter Community
My fraternity – The 492 Tactical Fighter Squadron (The BOLARS)
My class – we’ll I don’t have much…

It was a long way…San Antonio, TX.  But friends came from Montana, Colorado, Georgia, Virginia, DC, New Mexico, Tennessee, Washington, Kentucky, and Kansas among others.  And I almost didn’t go…

We told stories, caught up with some after over 20 years, relished what this group did for the United States and for each other, and saluted those still very much in our thoughts who paid the ultimate sacrifice.  The long hours and times away from home in those days melted away.  We were back!

"Hooter" telling a story - "Grunge" is cringing!

Story time was amazing…and scary.  There are a few stories about the Grunge that never need to be told.  A couple were – several were left for another day.  And I almost didn’t go…

So, what does this have to do with Wabash College?

There’s a Big Bash just around the corner.  It might be the 2011 version…it might be 2012 or 2013.  It doesn’t matter – BE THERE! Just like no one talked about rank or bomb scores at our reunion, no one will talk GPA or bucks in the bank at the Bash.  You’ll celebrate your Alma Mater and your class and your fraternity just like we did.

And you won’t have to say…and I didn’t go.