I had the opportunity to spend a few hours with Eriks Janelsins ’02 at the Oglebay Resort in Wheeling, WV, yesterday.  That’s just a portion of the resort in the background.  To say the resort is beautiful is an understatement!  Golfers – the courses are by some guys named Arnold Palmer and Robert Trent Jones.

Eriks is a talented young man whose career has gone from Vista volunteer right out of Wabash to a director of the educational segment of the Oglebay operation.  As we toured the area and walked through several buildings, it was clear Eriks is liked and respected by everyone from the CEO on down.

The answer to his rapid development is simple – Eriks credits Wabash for his approach and work ethic:  "I learned to think things through and work hard at Wabash and that’s what makes the difference here."  It was easy to see Eriks is at home here and is one of their best and brightest.

As I drove on to Pittsburgh, I had to smile.  A couple of hours with Eriks refreshed everything I believe about our college.  In 2002 then president Andy Ford H’03 challenged Eriks to go out and change the world…and he is!