Jacques Boulais

Jacques Boulais ’19 has recently accepted a position as a teaching assistant in Albi, France, with the Académie de Toulouse for the 2022-23 school year.

“I am ready to go back to France and work with some amazing teachers to help students in primary schools learn English,” Boulais wrote in a LinkedIn post.

“This will be my third time going to France and I am eager to get back in the classroom and help students after spending so much time studying and working in Indianapolis,” he said. “I am also looking forward to meeting French friends and mentors in real life after meeting so many people virtually during grad school.”

Since graduating from Wabash in 2019, Boulais taught English in Martinique through TAPIF in 2019-20 and then earned a master’s degree in French Studies virtually through the University of Wisconsin in December 2021.

While at Wabash, Boulais was a French major with minors in history and political science, a four-year member of the Wabash soccer team, a member of the Sphinx Club, a leader in the French Club, and a member of Kappa Sigma fraternity. He took immersion trips to Kenya, Paris, and the American South, studied abroad in Strasbourg, France, and made a Professional Immersion Experience trip with Career Services to Los Angeles.