Sam Prellwitz ’10

The Rev. Sam Prellwitz ’10, who has served as a pastor at Ripon Community Church (RCC) in Ripon, Wisconsin, for the last 12 years, will give his first sermon as lead pastor on January 16, 2022.

Prellwitz will be replacing The Rev. Mike Holba, who founded RCC. Over the last 20 years, RCC has become a fixture in the community by spreading the teachings of Jesus Christ, providing services for those in need and launching community staples such as Mugs Coffeehouse and Traded Treasures & Community Food Pantry.

“Mike’s got big shoes to fill, but he’s never made me feel like I should fill those shoes,” Prellwitz said in an article by the Ripon Press. “He feels that I can lead how I think God wants me to lead. I’m going to try and do that.”

Prellwitz, a Ripon native, has been connected to the RCC since 2008, when he was part of the student ministry at Wabash College.

You can read more of Prellwitz’s story here.

While at Wabash, Prellwitz majored in rhetoric and minored in religion. He was a member of Phi Kappa Psi, German Club, Student Senate, and ran cross-country.