Austin Jarrett ’15 named IU lacrosse coach

Austin Jarrett

Austin Jarrett ’15 was recently named as the new head coach of Indiana University’s men’s lacrosse program

Jarrett, who currently works as a private client advisor for JP Morgan, has been the defensive coordinator and assistant coach at IU under former coach Peter Nelson since 2018.

“I’ve got some big shoes to fill for sure,” Jarrett said in a Mens Collegiate Lacrosse Association (MCLA) news release. “I’ve been around great coaches across a couple of different sports and Pete is right toward the top. He’s got the Xs and Os down as any coach should, but he also really cares for his players and coaching staff like they are his family.

“My only hope is to continue to build upon the foundation that Pete has set for us and become a perennial contender for the UMLC title and a familiar face at the MCLA national tournament.”

While at Wabash, Jarrett was a student-athlete, rhetoric major and biology minor, and a member of Phi Gamma Delta. He attached the College primarily to play basketball, but fell in love with the game of lacrosse his junior year.

He started his lacrosse career as a defenseman on the Wabash MCLA squad and finished as a captain on the Little Giants’ first-ever varsity squad under the direction of Terry Corcoran — one of the winningest coaches in NCAA Division III.

“I won’t be able to achieve any of these goals on my own,” Jarrett said in the news release.

IU will play in the East subdivision of the UMLC along with Miami (Ohio), Purdue University, Michigan State and Western Michigan.