Several people with ties to Wabash College and Crawfordsville have integral roles in this weekend’s high school state football tournament as coaches, officials, and statisticians.
- Jake Gilbert ’98, Westfield High School Head Coach, will be assisted by Josh Miracle ’11, Jay Dee Flynn ’01 , and Cville native B.J. Schlicher.
- Nick Lyons ’08 is an assistant coach at Cathedral High School.
- Nick Durm ’11 is an assistant coach at Carmel High School.
- Joe Pfennig ’82 is an assistant coach at Cardinal Ritter High School.
- Brent Harris, Wabash Sports Information Director, will be on the stat crew.
- Officials for the 6A title game are Matt Buche ’99 (football alumnus), Steve Hoffman ’85 (Wabash Advancement Office and Wabash Television Broadcaster), Darren Haas (Cville resident and previous Wabash Admissions Counselor), Mark Maxwell (Cville resident and previous Wabash radio announcer), and Jeff Gilstrap (Cville resident and Wabash football fan).
The schedules for the games and teams mentioned above are:
Westfield and Cathedral will play for the 5A championship on Friday, Nov. 29, at 7pm.
Cardinal Ritter will play Tipton in the 2A contest on Saturday, Nov. 30, at noon.
The 6A contest between Carmel and Warren Central is Saturday, Nov. 30, at 7pm.
The Indiana High School Athletic Association’s 41st State Football Championships will take place Friday and Saturday, Nov. 29-30, 2013 at Lucas Oil Stadium and all games will be televised. Click here for detailed information on the rest of the games and television information.
Our apologies if we failed to include anyone else with Wabash connections — please let us know so we may add to the story!
Good luck to all!
Story by Steve Hoffman.