We served 351 students last night at Midnight Munch – a breakfast that looked so good even the Grunge had some pancakes and bacon after the fact.  As you can see, a speciality last night was a custom designed, one-off "W" pancake developed by our resident Midnight Munch chief chef.

Midnight Munch, as I have told you before, is one of the highlights of the semester for me.  Last night I think I figured out why.  Two reasons.

1.  We’re all in this together.  It’s faculty and staff serving and students eating.  It’s a great equalizer where the real learning isn’t about Psychology 120 but about life and supporting these guys to do their best.  Everyone working the lines had that one purpose.

2.  The walk to and from Sparks Center.  It hit me last night that my slowest possible walking pace is to and from Sparks on these nights.  The campus is both silent and alive.  I took a few shots to try and capture just a little of that…but the walk across "this good place"  does the heart and mind good.  I go slow and stop a lot – soaking it all in.

Oh…the pancake chief chef?  Our President, Pat White!  That’s him mixing the batter! 

For a few more photos, click here.