“South Hall following the remodel of the late 1870’s during which the building was taken from four stories to two stories. At this time the campus faced Grant Street. Although the marker is hidden from view now, its placement was at the front door of South Hall at that time.
Due to the significant structural change in South Hall, the building was compromised. At the end of the 1950’s South was beyond repair and was razed to build Baxter Hall.”