That’s Carol and Ron Browning at Family Day a few years back. Carol and Ron, prototype Wabash parents, helped with Family Days while their son Beau ’05 was a student. They continued their close ties to Wabash after Beau graduated.

I attended a Celebration of Life for Carol this past Saturday. She fought a valiant fight against lung cancer…and passed away this past April. Every time she went for treatments, she wore a t-shirt that proclaimed: “I did not come here to lose”. Ron and the family have framed that t-shirt and will present it to the Oncology Center where Carol received her treatments.

Carol and I talked and emailed about cancer many times. I religiously followed her posts on CarePages. She showed me what the meanings of true courage and true faith are.

Carol Browning loved Wabash, just like Beau. It’s not perfect she would tell me, but it’s pretty darn good. Wabash, she liked to say, made a big difference in Beau’s life.

Carol Browning may be gone before her time, but her positive influence on everyone around her continues – she’s a winner in every sense of the word.