Jeremy Bird

Wabash Trustee Jeremy Bird ’00 was recently named the new chief policy officer at rideshare company Lyft.

He previously worked as the deputy chief policy and public engagement officer at Lyft. In that role, he led Lyft’s strategy behind California ballot proposition 22 which introduced historic new benefits through an independence plus benefits worker model.

“As of January 1 of this year, I’ve stepped into the role of Chief Policy Officer at Lyft, where I am excited to carry on the legacy of our previous CPO, former Secretary of Transportation Anthony Foxx,” Bird wrote on LinkedIn. “He has been a mentor, a coach, a friend, and a role model to me. I can’t thank him enough for his trust in me.”

Bird wrote some reflections about what his team as done in the past two years and what he hopes will be next “for us at Lyft and for the world.” You can read his full article here.

“I feel incredibly grateful to be part of the best policy team in tech, and this is just the beginning,” Bird said.

Prior to joining Lyft, Bird co-founded 270 Strategies, a political consulting firm, with a wide-ranging clientele including politicians such as Senator Cory Booker, Congresswoman Pramilia Jayapal, and Congresswoman Lauren Underwood. Before that, he served as the National Field Director for Barack Obama’s re-election campaign in 2012.

Bird attended Wabash College before earning a Masters of Theological Studies from Harvard Divinity School. While at Wabash, he majored in religion and minored in English, and was a member of Beta Theta Pi fraternity and the cross country and track teams.