We’re in the time of year where excitement and optimism, primarily from our children and grandchildren, fuel good feelings of family and friends. Virtually every faith is also approaching a time of the year for celebration. The Holiday Season, regardless of everything else, is a time that brings unbelievable joy and happiness to families and communities.

For some of our family and community members, those emotions can be rocked to the very center as a family struggles with major challenges. I just heard of another one this morning. I talked to a mother of one of our younger alumni this morning and she told me she has cancer. She faces a big challenge but shes’s very positive and optimistic. I found a lot of inspiration from her!

So, Wabash family. As you prepare for a great Holiday Season, please take a minute or two to think about those among us who face challenges at this time of year. And, if it is your custom, remember them in your prayers. I guarantee that you will feel good and you’ll be helping someone special to all of us!

Happy Holidays!