Wabash…From The Heart – Olmy Olmstead ’04

Olmy Olmstead ’04

Yesterday’s Chapel speaker was Wabash alumnus and football coach Olmy Olmstead ’04.  He was fantastic.  More on that in a moment.

All this means is the Grunge is ancient!  I recall Olmy’s previous Chapel talk.  His senior year.  It was good – so good that I told him he should give that same talk at his 10th Reunion.  Guess what?  That’s in a couple of months!!!

As has become my practice, I won’t tell you what he said – you need to dial him up on YouTube and listen to the entire thing.  The entire thing.  It was beautiful in a very simple, very personal way.  Olmy style.

At this point in the semester, his message resonated.  Loud.  Clear.  And, as we say in my business, right on target.

How do you tell if it resonates?  It’s easy…the instant standing “O”.  Not the look around “O” that has guys waiting to be PC.

No, the instant “O”.

The Instant Standing “O”

Olmy is a fine young man, from a great family – folks I am proud to say are my friends.

As with probably all coaches and speakers, it isn’t over until its over and that always means there’s a little time “in the huddle” for fine fixes.

Last minute edit