Joe Emmick ’92 – Last Chapel Talk…for a while…

Joe Emmick '92

Joe Emmick ’92, departing later this month to take a leadership position at Elmhurst College, talked in Chapel yesterday.

Joe’s talk was about the changes in Wabash during his time at the College.  A lot of changes.  A lot of good changes.  Challenges…and opportunities.

Joe is “Wabash” through and through – he loves his Alma Mater just like we do.  He’ll be an involved alumnus in Chicago.  In fact, I think he’s looking forward to being just Joe Emmick ’92…if you get my drift.

We’ll miss him for sure – he’s been the “heavy lifter” and “go-to guy” for Advancement for many years.  But this is a professional and personal opportunity he didn’t want to miss.  They came looking for him – he wasn’t looking for them.

The Standing “O” at the end?  For sure.  We had a great crowd in Chapel to hear Joe and the guys clearly understood how much Wabash means to Joe and how much their Alma Mater has benefited from Joe’s hard work.

Wabash College Chapel and Joe Emmick '92

My sense is, though, that Wabash may see Joe Emmick back here at some point…stay tuned for a future season.

Travel safe, my friend!