I really didn’t know what I wanted or could do for my first summer in college. Working in logistics is not what I expected it to be, but it turned out to be one of the best decisions I made for my professional life. CTS is really all you want and need in a company. Tight workforce, very friendly people, a challenging and fast paced working routine, and valuable experience for any future endeavors. I decided to intern in Phoenix at their main office. It’s a fantastic working environment that still has room for growth and learning 3 years into the job. Many of the brokers that work here are incredible and outstanding workers such as Saul Gallegos, Adalid Cruz, and even Jack Wagner who works in the Indianapolis branch. All Wabash alumni, moving millions of dollars of freight every day, making a true impact on the world at this company.

Something I really learned about myself from this internship is that I am not skilled with calling people. I am a much better emailer, communication comes much
easier for me when phones are not involved. As an intern it’s tough being on the phone because you don’t know that much about logistics. With time something like that becomes easier.

While I wasn’t at the office I found myself still busy. I was going to the gym, having a pool party with some coworkers, watching a basketball game, going to a festival, and doing many other things to keep me busy. I watched some of the employees play in a local soccer league, we all went to watch
Mexico v. Haiti game. Many things to keep you busy and active in Phoenix, and overall a fantastic internship experience.