Another Walk Around Campus

I needed a little time to clear my head. With all the political debates and the normal stress of school, I really needed a break. Fortunately, it was a pretty fall day, so I decided to take another walk around campus (once again taking an apple for a snack, and one again forgetting to take my phone so I could get pictures… eh).

I took a similar route to last time, and I also managed to make my snack last until I got to admissions (yay me). The biggest difference from my last walk was that there were now plenty of leaves on the ground, and almost all the trees were different shades of yellow, brown and red. It was a little colder outside, so next time I’ll probably have to bring a heavier coat, but it was still pretty nonetheless.

But the biggest part of this walk was how it helped me clear my mind. I’ve been thinking of a few things I need to do this week, such as getting a paper or two done, registering for classes on the 18th, Monon Week, the list goes on. In a word, I’m stressed. But getting out on campus, seeing all the pretty trees, watching the squirrels run about gathering nuts and other seeds, that really helped. I was able to focus my mind on what I have to do, and now I think I’m ready to get back on track and get to work.

See? Walks help a lot!