Lots of Raaain!!!

Well, it’s certainly gotten a lot colder lately. Must be Fall…

I am making these assumptions because we don’t really have this kind of weather in Oregon.

Here, you can tell when it’s Fall; the weather gets colder, leaves start changing colors and all the cute fuzzy animals start disappearing… as do the bugs, so win there. You actually have a semi set time where people start to bundle up, clearly defined seasons that help you plan out your day and what you are doing.

In Oregon, you have rain.

Yeah, that’s pretty accurate

It rains a lot in Oregon. And I do mean a lot. That Thunderstorm we had a few days ago? Just get rid of the lightning and stretch it out a month or two, and you get a good idea about what it’s like in Oregon. Expecting a pleasant spring followed by a nice, warm summer? Nope, rain. Baseball game? Nope, rain. Want snow in winter? Nope, rain. Romantic date? Make sure it’s inside, because rain. Part of the reason I wanted to go to college outside of Oregon was because the year before we had so much rain that I got sick of it, and I lived there for 13 years!… Okay, I was probably over-reacting, but it was still a lot of rain.

Worse, it doesn’t even have the courtesy to be somewhat warm when it rains. Here you get a bit of humidity, but remember what I said about getting rain instead of snow? Even when we should get snow, we get rain. So not only are you soaked, you’re also frozen, probably sick, and you can barely move coherently because all you clothes are waterlogged… although that probably has to do with being soaked. Whatever.

Anyway, the weather here will take some time to get used to… Actually, I kind of miss the rain. Sorry, Indiana, but Oregon’s got something I’m a bit familiar with.