One Month

One Month… or thereabouts, I haven’t really kept track of time.

It’s been a month since I started at Wabash. Yes, I have been bogged down by classes and events and what have you, but that’s kind of the point. I get a chance to get out among people I don’t really know and learn about topics that I actually find interesting without having to deal with a bunch of other, less interesting topics.

Of course, there are other things that I have to deal with; I’ve been working on my time management, and I do think the pressures of college have helped me a lot in that regard. I’ve been planning out my days and picking out important things to focus on, something that I never really did in high school (and several other people can attest to). With everything going on around Wabash (be it homecoming last weekend or some big exam), having a schedule really helps me get things done, because I have a clear goal that I can focus on. And focus is everything; do you know what you can achieve with good focus. Other than staring at things for a very long time, you can get pretty much anything done. I managed to paint 47 30mm tall miniatures with focus… and actual painting, but focus was really important!

Not mine (well, the blue guy is, the other guys belong to Professor Porter), but you get the idea

… Yeah, I’m ranting now.

Anyway, happy one month of Wabash. Hopefully it will continue.