My internship with Mr. Pyle was extremely enriching mainly because of the knowledge I gained throughout the internship about how a company that manufactures parts and components works. More importantly, I learned about inventory management and keeping tracking of movements in said inventory and their prices. I had to familiarize myself with the software (JOBBOSS EQ) the company used to keep track of orders and shipments and consolidate said information into my own excel sheets to analyse them. Perhaps my biggest takeaway from this whole experience was how one manages time to be able to make it to a 9 to 5 job and be efficient while at work.

To give a little more background around the company, owned by Mr. Pyle, “Avanti LLC” was a startup that had been established about 2 years ago. Mr. Pyle previously owned “Connecta Corp” which made parts and components for airplanes and shipped them to middlemen. Mr. Pyle had created and owned this company for about 30 years before selling it to an interested buyer. He established Avanti shortly after and set the place up right across the street from the Connecta building. The contract for the sale of Connecta included that the company was required to pull all the remaining parts from Mr Pyle’s inventory (quoted as Avanti’s inventory) and that Avanti would receive a certain percentage of sales from selling said parts. Through this experience I also learned how to read and understand contractual obligations. My job was to make sure that Mr. Pyle was being compensated fairly in accordance to the contract.

I quickly learned the ins and outs of the system that tracked everything about the inventory and immediately found some discrepancies in the parts that were being pulled from Avanti’s inventory and the parts that were mentioned to have being pulled in the summary that was sent to Mr. Pyle’s office by Connecta. I realised that through some mistake, Avanti was being underpaid for the past 5-6 months and consolidated all the information on multiple excel sheets to find a total on how much Mr. Pyle was really owed. By the end of the internship, after multiple meetings with the manager and accountant of Connecta I was finally able to help Mr. Pyle receive the money that he was due.