My name is Julian Alvizo and I am from Chicago, Illinois. I would like to thank Mr. Clark Tinder for giving me the opportunity to work under him as an operations of the Allen Center assistant at
Wabash College.

I worked at the Allen center for the entire summer, and it helped me work on time management as we got to pick our own schedule and had small projects to do each week. I got to be in charge of editing a video showcasing how to work at the Allen center and what you must do on the job. I definitely learned a lot about what goes on behind the scenes when it comes not only running a gym but also all the preparation that goes on in the off season to get ready for the athletic season during the school year. I had to make sure the building was opened and closed on time and fully operational. Made sure the weight room and fitness center was clean and usable and that everything was in working order. Also had some other tasks along the year like building a teqball table, organizing locks, keeping track of incoming inventory, taking down the wind screens at the soccer field, and so much more. We also had to set up and prepare for events as well, like when team USA hosted a track and field meet. We hosted dinners and even a rubik’s cube tournament here as well. If you are looking into getting into the athletic department, this is definitely the internship for you. You get to really learn all the planning that goes into making sure everything is ready for when the season starts and the players come back.