This summer I got the opportunity to work alongside the Wabash Enrollment Office, as a Latino Recruitment Intern. My main goal for this summer was not only to meet and converse with upcoming Freshman, but to better our college website for the Spanish speaking community, I had various projects to accomplish throughout the summer that were specifically handed to me. This being my first college internship, I got to learn and work under Tyler Wade, as many of you may or may not know him. He takes part in recruiting talented and promising students from Texas specifically.

Throughout the summer, I got to learn quite a bit about myself and how my mind initially works, I got challenged with various crammed due dates on minor projects, this allowed me to learn a great number of techniques that helped me push through the rough moments I had throughout the research. There was never a moment when I wasn’t active and ready to get things done on time. Tyler and I were always on top of every single thing needed to get done throughout the week, we would attend scheduled meetings and talk about how we were feeling as well.

Alongside it all, I took this opportunity to learn a bit more about Tyler and converse with him about his days at Wabash. I was grateful for every moment we shared, and every conversation we had.

Just recently, before the end of my internship, we hosted various public meetings with a few upcoming freshmen and some alumni that were more than grateful to be there. Our first meeting was in
South Texas, near my hometown. Later that week, we took an early flight to Austin for another meeting to meet more freshman that had officially chosen Wabash, we had lots of fun and had amazing conversations with one another. Throughout that time at Austin, I got to converse much more with Tyler than usual, we shared great laughing moments, and aside from that we also had the opportunity to meet a portion of the new upcoming class of 2027. I’m so grateful!