Sam Proctor ’23 — First, I want to thank the Dill Grant and Small Business Internship Fund (SBIF) for making my internship a reality. This summer, I interned at the Crawfordsville | Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce in Downtown Crawfordsville, IN.

In particular, I learned numerous new skills and attempted to master some of those skills. I experienced the day-to-day life of working in a nonprofit that focuses solely on giving back to the community. For instance, I interacted with associates and business owners in the community. Moreover, I navigated and helped construct a new website for the Crawfordsville | Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce.

Nonetheless, my favorite part was helping create the annual golf scramble organized by the Crawfordsville | Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce. The annual golf scramble consisted of gathering support and donations from businesses across Montgomery County, setting up prizes and awards, helping run the golf outing itself, and ensuring that the participants understand the rules. The fundraiser supports many of the events throughout the year the Crawfordsville | Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce organizes annually. All in all, interning at the Crawfordsville | Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce brought me a sense of responsibility and pride.