Dalton Vachon Final
Vachon ’19 works with group on LABB 2016 project

Dalton Vachon ’19 LABB 2016-Week two was a different type of week for us Lilly LABB interns. With Memorial Day on Monday and Big Bash on Friday, the week was a bit shortened. Although, it was shortened it was still a very busy week, as we had to fit everything into those few days. We started the week off presenting our executive summary’s, for our restaurant, to a group of investors. The executive summary, for my group, was for a restaurant we are interested in starting-up, in Indianapolis, IN. This was very intimidating, for myself, but also a great opportunity. We have been working very hard on these business plans, so to get feedback, was great for my group, and others as well. Also, gaining practice of presenting in front of high level investors, was a new opportunity for me, to help expand my presentation skills. On Friday Big Bash started, and having the chance to work at Big Bash and interact with the alumni, was a great opportunity to take advantage of the “Wabash Mafia.” I was lucky enough to meet numerous amounts of alums and not only share my store, but hear their story as well. Being able to have that opportunity was great for me, as I would not have had that, if I were not on campus. Making more connections while I have been here, at Wabash, has been wonderful for me. I would like to thank Roland Morin, the CIBE, (Center for Innovation, Business, and Entrepreneurship) and the Lilly Endowment, without these three things I would not be able to take advantage of this wonderful opportunity. Although, we have only completed two weeks, my business knowledge has already expanded, and the opportunities I have been given, are very rare, and I am very lucky to have been able to take advantage of them.