Indoor Track

This week has been filled with a plethora of track. Last Saturday Wabash hosted a number of schools on campusĀ as well as some unattached competitors. Last night Wabash Track and Field traveled to Rose Hulman in Terre Haute, Indiana to compete, and today Wabash hosted a small high school meet here on campus. At the moment I an unable to run due to a training injury, but it was still fun to get to see my teammates and high schoolers compete. Last week I was able to work on pole vault and see the sport for the first time up close. It was great! Being a distance runner and social running media addict I rarely look into other track events. Needless to say watching athletes bend a pole and jump over sixteen feet in the air was pretty cool. Also, when a pole snapped in front of your face it was pretty cool to watch. That was pretty cool to watch, I found a new sport outside of running and triathlon I want to follow now because of that. The high school meet today was pretty interesting as well, some decent times from high school athletes un the 1600 meters and 3200 meters. Wabash will be hosting the Indiana Runner Distance Showcase on Saturday, February 1st