Winter in Crawfordsville

I am a cute ninja

Since I’m doing whatever I can to not go outside, and since I don’t have class on Thursday, I thought I’d tell you all about my interpretations of winter here.

With the aforementioned cold, I find myself bundling up more than I ever did in Oregon. Even during cold snaps in Oregon, I just threw on my hoodie and pushed on (I call it Oregonian stubbornness- just like we never put raincoats on or use umbrellas when the weather would otherwise call for them, but here I’ve got my sweater, my winter coat, my gloves, my had and my scarf (the latter two my grandmother knitted for me. Thanks 🙂 ). Even then I’m still a bit cold (partially because I only have jeans), but it’s better than nothing.

Currently, I’ve been surviving on a steady diet of tea (English Breakfast Tea, mainly). I already mentioned my love of tea last blog post, so I won’t mention it again (although, if I start shooting fire out of my hands I might have to work on my philosophical ramblings… and grow a beard). I would like some soup, but you have to make du with what you have in these kinds of situations.

On a different note, squirrels are adorable when they run around in the snow. When it’s deep enough, all you can see is their little heads when they look around. They’re like little snow gophers. Sadly, they’re not the most photogenic of rodents, so I was not able to get a picture of them doing this.

Anyway, one of the advantages of being inside quite a lot is that I get a chance to talk to people. I do live in a fraternity (Kappa Sigma for anyone that’s wondering), but it seems that sometimes I don’t really get a chance to talk with my brothers. Being inside most of the time I feel that I get a better chance to do so, although they have their own classes so such interactions are usually fleeting.

On the subject of interactions, there was a snowball fight last night. I would have gone, but Dork Club came up. Beat the DePauw orks, so that made me happy.