A Transformative Journey with CIBE BIP – Gratitude and Reflection This summer, I had the incredible privilege of bringing my year-long vision to life of @dscvrplaygrounds, alongside an exceptional group of creative, supportive, and quick-witted teammates, peers, and alumni. Embracing Growth and Development During this enriching internship, I learned that success goes beyond merely sharing my vision; it begins with listening, engaging, and applying the invaluable feedback received from my team. Beyond crafting a pitch deck, I discovered profound personal and professional growth in the following areas: 1. Discovering Myself: Beginning with the Clifton Strengths assessment, I was able to label my strengths as well as underlying weaknesses that are common with these strengths—it was a great opportunity for reflection and improvement. The CIBE BIP journey encouraged deep introspection considering we were paired with teammates who (thankfully) didn’t share the same qualities as me. Not only did this allow me to gain a clearer understanding of who I am and what I stand for, but it also allowed me to become a better leader as I was critical of my weaknesses. This was crucial to Playgrounds’ success as a team—we learned about each other and how we could work as one unit rather than four individuals. This newfound self-awareness has been pivotal in shaping my future endeavors. 2. Informed Decision Making: Learning the art of making informed business decisions has been a game-changer for me. Before week one of the BIP, I knew that numbers had something to do with any decision—but what did this really mean? Ron Dostal ’91 and Mike Simmons ‘__ showed us step by step how they approach a problem as well as multiple solutions in any setting ranging from NASA launching the Challenger, how Uber came to the product of Ridesharing, or perhaps in a more unpredictable situation such as the chance of a storm making or breaking the next batch of “wine” grapes harvested. The skills and strategies I acquired during consultant roleplay week will undoubtedly influence my approach to future ventures. 3. Meaningful Goal Setting: As Sam Stewart said best, “Go after the habit, not the outcome.” Contrary to traditional S.M.A.R.T goal setting which is highly outcome-oriented, I delved into meaningful goal setting that resonated deeply with my passions and aspirations, more importantly, my why. This approach has ignited a renewed sense of purpose and direction in anything I strive for. 4. Leading with Limited Resources: Leading a group with little to no leverage challenged me in numerous ways. But through determination and creative thinking, I honed my leadership skills, overcoming obstacles and guiding the team towards success. 5. Engaging and Connecting with Audiences: Creating and maintaining engagement with our audience proved an art we mastered during this journey. The ability to captivate and connect with others will undoubtedly serve me well in all future endeavors. 6. Unforgettable Bonds and Memories: This internship gifted me with unforgettable bonds and cherished memories with an incredible group of individuals. The camaraderie and support we shared were truly unparalleled. Gratitude and Appreciation: I extend my sincerest gratitude to Cassie Hagan, Bryan Biddle, Ron Dostal, Alejandro Reyna, Jake Budler, Hugh Vandivier, Samuel R. Stewart, Mike Simmons, DBA, and all the other alumni who played an instrumental role in forging the path to 20+ professional opportunities. Your time and wisdom have left an indelible mark on my journey, and I am forever thankful. Special Shout-out to the Playgrounds Team: Bennett Strain, Jeremiah Clayton, and Michael Enz, your unwavering support and collaboration have been the cornerstone of our success. Thank you for making this journey extraordinary. Conclusion: The CIBE BIP has not only made me a better professional but a better person overall. I am immensely grateful for the opportunities and lessons this internship provided. To future Wabash students, I encourage you to give it a shot, even if you have no aspiration to become an entrepreneur, you never know how it might shape your future, as this is an excellent opportunity to immerse yourself with the Wabash alumni network as well as people from all walks of life who might be interning in Indianapolis for the summer.