I am thrilled to share my extraordinary experience as a Summer Intern at Wabash College, where I had the privilege of working as a Machine Learning Research Assistant. Thanks to the unwavering support of the Mathematics and Computer Science Department, I embarked on a captivating journey through the realms of machine learning, expanding my knowledge and honing my skills alongside dedicated professors and fellow students.

Throughout my internship, I engaged in a diverse range of projects that pushed the boundaries of my understanding and challenged me to grow. Collaborating with a student and Dr. McKinney from the Mathematics/Computer Science department, we embarked on the implementation of different fascinating Machine Learning models. We did not have any particular ultimate goals for the research other than discovering different areas in Machine Learning and we set small goals as we went. After the internship, we achieved some remarkable achievements such as precise and efficient object detection in various visual media, generating astonishingly realistic faces and digits images, forecasting solar activities, analyzing sentiment on movie reviews, and creating an AI that can play Tic Tac Toe.

What makes this experience truly remarkable is how seamlessly it aligns with my Clifton Strengths—Consistency, Achiever, Focus, Harmony, and Analytical. These strengths empowered me to approach challenges with dedication, maintain momentum even when faced with obstacles, and focus on harmonious collaborations that fostered innovative solutions. By leveraging my strengths, I deepened my analytical and problem-solving skills while reinforcing my passion for the field.

Lastly, I would like to express my heartfelt gratitude to the generous donors whose support made this internship possible. Your contribution not only provided me with invaluable learning opportunities but also allowed me to grow both personally and professionally. I am also indebted to Dr. McKinney for their unwavering guidance, expertise, and support throughout this transformative journey.