Sam Hooton ’24 — Firstly, I would like to thank all the donors who graciously helped make paid internships for many Wabash students possible this summer. In my specific case, I’d like to extend my thanks to Wabash College. I also appreciate Roland Morin and Anthony Mendez at the Center for Innovation, Business, and Entrepreneurship (CIBE) for providing me with this fantastic opportunity.

This summer, I served as the Program Operations Intern for the CIBE at Wabash College. Throughout the summer, I attended and participated in the Business Innovation Program (BIP). I learned many valuable business and life skills from the BIP Program, such as Emotional Intelligence (EQ) and problem-solving through the lean method. I utilized some of these skills in the Harvard Business School case studies that I deliberated with 20 other Wabash students over. The skills that I gathered from the BIP program will be very valuable in my future career aspirations.

Along with the BIP program, I was tasked with editing and posting over 150 blog posts. This job required me to exude proper communication skills and extreme responsibility. This work helped me hone those skills even further as I gain more experience in the business world.

Once again, I would like to thank all those involved in making internships like mine possible for Wabash students.