Banks Schlosser ’24 — First off, I want to thank Associate Dean Roland Morin ’91, CIBE Senior Fellow Anthony Mendez ’20, and the generous donors for making my internship a reality. This summer, I was a part of the Business Innovation Program (BIP) through the Center for Innovation, Business & Entrepreneurship (CIBE) at Wabash College. Without them, I would not have had the great experience I had with Capturely, Inc. I also want to thank all the people who help fund the CIBE and BIP. This opportunity would not have been possible without them. Finally, I would like to thank Brian Confer ‘01 and Chase Clarkson ‘19 for the great experience of working with Capturely, Inc. 

At Capturely, Inc., I worked with two Wabash alumni, Brian Confer ‘01 and Chase Clarkson ‘19, in sales operations and business development. One of my main tasks was searching for protentional customers for Capturely, Inc. For instance, I communicated with potential customers and was able to see the process of making a sale. Also, I filled out work orders for the sales team. This process was more interesting than it sounds because I communicated to the production team where the photoshoot took place, how many photos the company receives, and the total price of all the pictures. I got to see the foundation of what Capturely, Inc. was doing as a company. I am very thankful for this opportunity because it was my first experience in the business world. 

Nevertheless, I spent 10 hours per week in the BIP with CIBE Senior Fellow Anthony Mendez ’20 and Wabash alums. Various Wabash alums presented nearly 15+ Harvard Business School case studies that we were all very inciteful in their way. Each case study and alumni taught me something new or brought a new idea to the table. My favorite part of BIP this summer was the emotional intelligence (EQ) series. I enjoyed this series because we worked on the soft skills necessary to succeed in business and life. I found myself thinking about the EQ sessions daily and trying to implement the skills I learned. This summer was very beneficial for me, and I am very thankful for the opportunity to be a part of the BIP this summer.