Joseph Karczewski ’20 LABB Intern – This summer I was extremely grateful to have the opportunity to participate in the LABB program at Wabash college as an initiative of the CIBE program directed by Roland Morin. This program specifically has been very beneficial for my personal growth in understanding the elements of business through the eye of an entrepreneur. We have covered several Harvard business cases and materials that allowed for a hands on discussion of the best courses of action for these businesses. 

This program has also provided several networking and learning opportunities for me outside of the class room as well, which have provided me with insight into industries that I was not familiar with. More specifically, l we were given the opportunity to meet several alumni that were doing tech work in South Bend. South Bend is going to become one of the leading tech-cities in Indiana, which has been heavily influenced by Wabash Alums. We were able to meet with these alums, practice our networking skills, and take a tour of the areas and industries that they were working within.  This gave me insight into my future possibilities outside of Wabash College. After this event I finally realized the opportunity for growth that can happen in my home state. I would like to thank the Lilly Endowment for giving me such a great opportunity to attend this internship and I hope that Wabash men in the future are given this same opportunity for this opportunity has become a pivotal experience, for not only my future careers, but the way I think about business in general. Looking forward, I can only hope to gain more experiences like these in the years to come.