For the last 10 weeks, I have had a two-part internship role. The first part of my internship was with CSA360, a security guard management software company based out of Carmel, IN. Because this internship was for a tech company, career services was able to combine it with the Techpoint Xtern program in Indianapolis. I got to live in downtown Indy for free and was able to be a part of a great group of people.
At CSA360, I was able to take a new software feature we wanted to implement and build out all of the necessary requirements that our developers needed to create it. Before this internship, I didn’t realize how many things went into a software feature before it was ready to be coded. I became very knowledgeable in the Jira suite of applications as well as Figma.

Our CEO, Tony Unfried, was a great Wabash alum to learn from. When he and the head of sales had calls with customers, we were allowed to listen in and learn. After speaking with customers, Tony would talk to us about them, giving us an understanding of how these client relationships work. Working at a small company allows you to get access to every level of the business.
In the Techpoint Xtern program, we would have events on the weekend after interning with our various companies throughout the week. There were two events that were my favorite. The first was when Techpoint put on a Salesforce workshop for all of us. Three Salesforce employees came to teach us about their company and give us advice on how to navigate our careers in the tech world. I asked a lot of questions and got some great answers. Along with workshops, Techpoint gave us the opportunity to do meaningful volunteer work. One day, we volunteered with Gleaners drive-thru food bank. After calculating the number of cars that came through, we figured out that we fed over 1000 families in just a few hours. This was awesome and it reminded me how important volunteer work truly is.
Finally, I want to say thank you to Tony Unfried, Techpoint, and all of our wonderful donors. You all gave me a wonderful summer experience this summer. I am excited to take what I have learned and run full force into senior year at Wabash.