Bolen ’22 – Archon Tech

Thomas Bolen ’22 — To begin I would like to thank all of the gracious alumni donors to the Dill Fund that makes
opportunities like these possible. I would like to personally thank Roy Kaplan at Career services
for all of his help.

This summer I had the opportunity to work for Tony Unfried ‘03 and his company Archon Tech.
I worked for the security software division of Archon Tech. Among many other projects like client
prospecting and advertisement creation, I learned how to navigate the software and in turn do
quality control for it as well. Over the course of two months I learned about what goes into
project management and what that requires, numerous marketing & advertising strategies, user
interface/user experience and the design process, project creation and how to pitch it, and
finally important concepts that are needed to be successful in the technology market.

Overall, this experience was fantastic. It is always exciting to learn new things and become
wiser in real-world realities and this internship definitely provided both. Everyone on the staff
was a big help not just professionally but personally. This internship has definitely helped me
determine what I want my future to be and how to get there.