Kim Johnson – With a nineteen-month-old daughter, my perspective on things has changed a lot. Thanks to her, when it was time to grab my camera to capture spring it was easy to find focus. In fact, the focus actually came first and inspired me to grab my camera to capture spring.

Paige recently learned her colors so as we explore our surroundings on walks, in the car, reading books, and playing we make use of our time by practicing. We talk about the green grass, the blue sky, the pink flowers, and so on. My mind has become particularly in tune with finding shapes, colors, and new objects to point out to her.

I was on campus Monday evening to photograph the senior rhetoric majors. As I headed up the walk to Trippet Hall I was struck by the warm light of the setting sun on the side of Detchon Hall and the blooming trees in multiple colors on all sides. Of course, I could not pass up the opportunity to stop and capture the yellow and pink blooms alongside the red bricks.

Thus, my inspiration was born. Campus is a great place to explore or just relax. There are hundreds of species of trees, flowers, grasses, and other plants (of which I know about eight). Every season brings its unique colors, scents, and textures to light. Here are a few of my favorite Spring colors of Wabash.