Here is a partial list of publications by Wabash faculty and students. Student (and alumni) co-authors are indicated by bold font. Wabash Psychology faculty are indicated by underlined font.
- Montoya, R.M., Horton, R.S., Vevea, J.L.; Citkowicz, M. & Lauber, E.A. (2017). A Re-Examination of the Mere Exposure Effect: The Influence of Repeated Exposure on Recognition, Familiarity, and Liking. Psychological Bulletin.
- Gunther, K.L. & Downey, C.O. (2016). Influence of stimulus size on revealing non-cardinal color mechanisms. Vision Research, 127, 57-66.
- Taylor, A. T. S., Olofson, E. L. and Novak, W. R. P. (2016), Enhancing student retention of prerequisite knowledge through pre-class activities and in-class reinforcement. Biochem. Mol. Biol. Educ.. doi:10.1002/bmb.20992
- Bost, P.R. (2015). Crazy beliefs, sane believers: Toward a cognitive psychology of conspiracy ideation. Skeptical Inquirer, 39(1), 44-49
- Walters, N., Horton, R. (2015). A dairy study of the influence of Facebook use on narcissism among male college students. Computers in Human Behavior, 52, 326-330.
- Schmitzer-Torbert, N.C., Apostolidis, S., Amoa, R., O’Rear C., Kaster M., Stowers J., Ritz R. (2015). Post-training cocaine administration facilitates habit learning and requires the infralimbic cortex and dorsolateral striatum. Neurobiology of Learning and Memory, 118, 105-112.
- Horton, R.S., Reid, C., Miracle, J., Barber, J., & Green, J.D. (2014). An experimental investigation of the influence of agentic and communal Facebook use on grandiose narcissism. Computers in Human Behavior, 35, 93-98.
- Montoya, R. M. & Horton, R. S. (2014). A two-dimensional approach to the study of interpersonal attraction. Personality and Social Psychology Review, 1, 59-86.
- Tahiroglu, D., Moses, L. J., Carlson, S. M., Mahy, C. E. V., Olofson, E. L., & Sabbagh, M. A. (2014). The Children’s Social Understanding Scale: Construction and validation of a parent-report measure for assessing individual differences in children’s theories of mind. Developmental Psychology. Advance online publication. http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/a0037914
- Gunther, K.L. (2014). Non-cardinal color perception across the retina: Easy for orange, hard for burgundy and sky blue. Journal of the Optical Society of America A, 31(4), A274 – A282.
- Gunther, K.L. (2014). Non-cardinal color mechanism strength differs across color planes but not across subjects. Journal of the Optical Society of America A, 31(4), A293 – A302.
- Olofson, E. L., Casey, D., Oluyedun, O., Van Herwegen, J., Becerra, A., & Rundblad, G. (2014). Youth with autism spectrum disorder comprehend lexicalized and novel primary conceptual metaphors. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders. doi: 10.1007/s10803-014-2129-3.
- Bryant, N., & Aubele-Futch, T. (2014). The serotonin 5-HT 1B agonist sumatriptan increases aggressive behaviors in adult male rats in a neutral cage setting.IMPULSE, 1-10.
- Bost, P.R., & Prunier, S.G. (2013). Rationality in conspiracy beliefs: The role of perceived motive. Psychological Reports: Sociocultural Issues in Psychology, 113, 1130-1140.
- Montoya, R. M. & Horton, R. S. (2013). A meta-analytic investigation of the processes underlying the similarity-attraction effect. Journal of Social and Personality Relationships, 30, 64-94.
- Horton, R. S., & Tritch, T. (2013) Clarifying the links between parenting and narcissism. Journal of Psychology: Interdisciplinary and Applied.
- Rush, R. A., & Clark, S. E. (2013) The Social Contagion of Correct and Incorrect Information in Memory. Memory.
- Dalhaus, R.N., III, & Gunther, K.L. A tritan Waldo would be easier to detect in the periphery than a red/green one: Evidence from visual search. Journal of the Optical Society of America A, 29(2), A298-A305.
- King, D., & Bost, P.R. (2012) Sex role orientation at single-sex and coeducational colleges.Modern Psychological Studies, 17, 77-81.
- Gunther, K.L. The use of “non-fiction novels” in a sensation and perception course. The Journal of Undergraduate Neuroscience Education,10(1), A14-A23.
- Horton, R. S. (2011). Parenting behavior as a cause of narcissism: Empirical support for psychodynamic and social learning theories. (pp. 181-190), In Campbell, W. K. & Miller, J. (Ed.) The Handbook of Narcissism and Narcissistic Personality Disorder: Theoretical Approaches, Empirical Findings, and Treatment. Wiley Publishing.
- Olofson, E., & Baldwin, D. (2011). Infants recognize similar goals across dissimilar actions involving object manipulation. Cognition, 118, 258-64
- Horton, R. S. (2010). On environmental sources of child narcissism: Are parents really to blame? (pp. 125-143), In Barry, C, Kerig, P. K, Stellwagen, K. K, & Barry, T. T (Eds.) Narcissism and Machiavellianism in Youth: Implications for the Development of Adaptive and Maladaptive Behavior. Washington, D.C.: APA Press.
- Bost, P.R., Prunier, S.G., & Piper, A.J. (2010). Relations of familiarity with reasoning strategies in conspiracy beliefs. Psychological Reports, 107, 593-602.
- Horton, R. S., & Sedikides, C. (2009). Narcissistic responding to ego threat: When status of the evaluator matters. Journal of Personality, 77, 1493-1525.
- Gunther, K.L., Neitz, J., & Neitz, M. Nucleotide polymorphisms upstream of the X-chromosome opsin gene array tune L:M cone ratio. Visual Neuroscience, 25(3), 265 – 271.
- Montoya, R., Horton, R., Kirchner, J. (2008). Is actual similarity necessary for attraction? A meta-analysis of actual and perceived similarity. Journal of Social and Personal Relationships, 25, 889-922.