Finals 2015 – Midnight Munch

More Pancakes!  More bacon!

Scott Crawford, from Career Services, hands a young man his “munch”.

I know…I know…

I write about Midnight munch every time I go…but I can’t help myself.

If Chapel Sing is an enduring mark of this place, Midnight Munch can’t be far behind.  We talk relationships, we talk engagement, we talk brotherhood, we talk family…and all of that is on display at the Munch.  It’s Dean Mike Raters making the pancakes.  It’s Dean Michelle Janssen cleaning tables.  It’s Chip Timmons from Admissions testing each batch of bacon before he declares it fit for consumption.  It’s Mary Jo Johnston from Bon Appetit making sure we “temps” don’t screw up the finely-tuned machine.  It’s Professor Laura Wysocki from Chemistry greeting the students as they arrive.  It’s Mark Elizondo (head trainer) washing dishes non-stop for almost 2 hours.  It’s Richard and Eileen Bowen (Glee Club and Fine Arts) , Professor Greg Dallinger (Chem – Rich’s son), and many others serving with a smile and encouragement on an always-tough week at the Bash.

The Grunge?  I helped Brent Harris (Sports Information) and Mark Elrod (Bio) run food to the lines to make sure we always had plenty.  And I smiled a lot.

In our classrooms the next day, there will be test takers and test administrators.  But this I know.  No one will be cheering any harder for success than those administering those tests.

It’s what a family does…and it’s a way of life at the Bash.

Midnight munch-3255

The Pre-mission brief. Chef gave us all detailed instructions.

This bacon personally approved by Chip Timmons...and the Grunge.

This bacon personally approved by Chip Timmons…and the Grunge.