A Lighter Side Look At The Chicago Holiday Luncheon

Chicago Luncheon-1546

Our largest-ever Chicago Holiday Luncheon

Mike Warren and I made the trip yesterday to downtown Chicago for the Annual Wabash Club of Chicago Holiday Luncheon.  The location was the University Club.  There wasn’t any traffic (thanks Mike for driving!) and we arrived earlier than we had anticipated.

I hate to reveal personal secrets…but my usual custom is to check out the room for the photo opportunities.  At my minuscule stage of proficiency, I need every advantage I can get.  We had been in the room before so it wasn’t a big deal…or so I thought.

Well, as Lee Corso would say, “not so fast my friend.”

The Club’s Art Gallery had been relocated to the room and it seems the theme of the exhibit was “No Clothes.”  Here’s the look right behind the podium and mic.

Oh Baby!

Oh Baby!

So…instead of anchoring myself in a good spot, I ended up walking back and forth in the back of the room…constantly.  I felt bad, but at one point I had to “reposition” Greg Estell right in the middle of his comments.  Here’s the link to the photo album – see if you can spot the photo right after the “reposition.”

At the end of the day, however, the art just didn’t matter.  As always, the Chicago Holiday luncheon was a great event.  Plenty of Holiday spirit and a time for President Hess to share a lot of great news about the College.