pcsulliv15Connor Sullivan ’15- For the Triton Brewing Company internship there are four parts that make up the internship as a whole.  These four parts are divided up according to the four parts of this business:  sales, production, tasting room and operations.  With the internship position spanning a period of eight weeks, each section of the internship last two weeks.  I first started off in sales.  For this period I followed our sales director around and learned the process of acquiring new customers as well as how to maintain and build upon relationships that Triton Brewing Company already had with prior customers.  The production side of the business is the behind the scenes part.  Here I learned about the brewing process and how the beer, then packaged and readied for shipment.  Triton Brewing Company has a tasting room on the front part of the building.  This is a bar scene where guests are able to come in and enjoy our products and others that we find quite favorable as well.  I took part in the event planning, how to run and operate the tasting room and was given the chance to serve our final product on some days, as well.  The final part of this internship is the operations.  Operations involve the financial part of running the brewery.  It can involve anything from paying bills, collecting payments and keeping inventory of what we have and what we need to buy.  Overall, this has been a very exciting and informative experience.  Not only have I been given the chance to learn about business and how to run a small business, but I was able to learn about the entire brewing process.  I would like to thank the Lilly Endowment, Inc for their support and thank them for giving me the opportunity, and all other Wabash men, of having an internship in our state.