Nathan Schrader ’10 – So needless to say these last two weeks have been an adventure. The excitement of arriving, the homesickness, the amazing breathtaking views of Roman buildings … it’s a giant blur. It’s quite an adjustment from Wabash, which is why I wonder what I’m doing here at the moment. The 30 minute commute to school, cooking my own meals, dealing with the euro and money, the 3-1 girl to guy ratio, and NO BASEBALL. Or any fields for that matter. I was ecstatic when I found a baseball field the other day about 15 minute ride from the apartment You just don’t know what you got until it’s gone.

Otherwise, seeing Dan Metz and Rob Harvey at Campo di Fiori (the American social scene in Rome) was a blast. David Haggard too. Other fun stuff includes seeing all the monuments, visiting quaint little Todi (a relief from the hustle bustle of Rome), and eating a 12-course meal at a restaurant in the hills.

And two things with Italian culture – they definitely don’t work out hard – it’s more of a social thing, and the value of family and enjoying the simple things amazes me. There are so many people chilling on the Spanish steps or at St. Peter’s. It makes me realize Americans could slow it down a bit.

Well that’s all I have for now, keep you posted. Pics are of the Wabash guys at Campo di Fiori in Rome and of me and an overlook of the city.