Time travel II

In the previous posting I noted that Ralph Mount’s primary sport was baseball, and with the season approaching, I thought I would share a couple of his sketches on that subject.

Here is another baseball themed sketch…

Mount’s thoughts weren’t all focused on baseball and fraternity life though…here is a pair of sweet drawings…

It looks like this was a good day for Wabash AND for Mount. What a treasure full of the student life and energy of that time – really a treat to study! Truly a bit of time traveling…

Best,

Beth Swift

1. Thank You for this an amazing slice of history for Wabash!-

2. Stumbled into your blog post while looking for remodeling info…I am a remodeler after all, and a life long learner :-) I must say, this was very interesting and I recall one of my childhood friends parents had gone to Wabash, probably back in 40′s or 50′s. Makes me wish for simpler times, seeing people now chasing after all these new & better things…I just don’t buy it. Looking at this post, the history & nostalgia, I think we’ve lost, not gained. I’ll be back when I have more time to read some more about Wabash & may be able to forward this to my childhood friend once I find them on the web :-)
    Thank you for your kind words.
    Best,
    Beth Swift