Keep Investing

Life could not get better.

The best feeling in the world for a college student, besides finding places with free food on campus, is turning in the final draft of a paper. When you invest hours of revising, editing, and just writing, the final product can be nothing less than a great piece of writing.

Today I turned in my second paper for my tutorial class and I am hyped. Now it’s time for my final 13 page paper. While I just devoured my quesadillas and spinach at lunch today, I asked myself that question many college students love, “Why do I need to go to school?”

As soon as I asked myself that I said “Nope, not today.” I couldn’t put myself in that mood. So I began thinking about everything I’ve learned in the little time of being here. I changed my mindset and reminded myself about the special experience of being at Wabash.

Being the business oriented guy I am, I understand the importance of investments. It’s not just the actual money spent for school, but time and effort in the little things besides that diploma. The collective hours spent working on essays and making them nearly perfect will have a greater payoff than just a grade. I started fantasizing about being a big CEO or CFO and having to write about the company and present to the board of directors on my findings.

That may be a large stretch, but I can’t lie that it’s a goal and I am determined to invest all the time necessary. I am willing to push it past my limits and give it my all to get there.

Thanks for stopping by!