Josh Miracle ’11 has taught Social Studies at Westfield High School since graduating from Wabash in 2011.  Click here to see a short Q&A from the WHS web site.

Here is one:
Q.  What’s something your students might not know about you?
A.  I played football for Westfield High School’s current head coach, Jake Gilbert, while he was coaching at Wabash College!

Josh took advantage of  Wabash’s 9th semester option, completing his semester of student teaching after graduating in May 2011.  Josh was a recipient of the “Outstanding Future Educator Award,” presented at the Indiana Association of Colleges for Teacher Education annual dinner.

Josh majored in History, but temporarily taught Economics and Computer Applications for his first assignment.   He commented on his Wabash preparation for teaching:  “Although I was never trained in business or entrepreneurship, thanks to Wabash, I was more than adequately prepared. My liberal arts education certainly allowed me to think on my feet, continue to learn, and tie my own content knowledge to lessons in both business and entrepreneurship.”

Photo courtesy of
Westfield High School