This just came in from Mark Lee ’86. Mark was to have attended a get-together on campus this past weekend. However, duty calls.

Mark – you have the greatest job in the world – Commander. Enjoy every minute and be safe!

Grunge

———————————-

Coach,

I wanted to let you know that I will be unable to attend the celebration this weekend. Operational requirements here at Fort Lewis have increased over the last few weeks and I am unable to get away. I have Soldiers preparing for deployment to Iraq, so basketball has to take a back seat.

I am the Battalion Commander for a unique organization that is charged with eliminating Weapons of Mass Destruction. As you can imagine, we have a very talented Soldiers that are ready to accomplish a daunting and dangerous task. I am proud to be their commander.

You should know that the lessons I learned at Wabash and playing for you have proven invaluable to me over the years.

I have attached my picture from 2003 in Kirkuk, Iraq that show me sitting on $230M in captured gold. That gold was returned to the Iraqi Government soon after that picture was taken.

Liz and I send our best to you and Gloria. Please pass my regards to all the guys that make it back to Crawfordsville.

WABASH ALWAYS FIGHTS!

Mark

LTC Mark Lee

Commander, 110th Chemical BN (Technical Escort)